The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution is a popular choice for its exfoliating properties that enhance skin texture and appearance. It’s essential to understand the benefits, usage, and safety guidelines associated with this product for effective and safe application.
- Promotes cell turnover and eliminates dead skin cells.
- Improves skin brightness and tone.
- Reduces creases and pores in the skin.
- Smoothes and refines skin texture.
- Helps to clear out debris from pores.
- Generally speaking, it works well with a variety of skin types, even sensitive skin.
How to Use
- Cleanse and pat dry your face.
- Apply a tiny amount of the solution, avoiding the eye area, to your face and neck using a cotton pad.
- Before adding more items, let the solution completely dry.
- As your skin permits, work your way up to applying it twice or three times a week, starting at once.
- AHAs might make skin more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day.
Tips for Using
- Applying it to damp skin can enhance absorption.
- It can be mixed with your moisturizer or oil.
- Try once a week at first if your skin is sensitive, and then increase or decrease the frequency as tolerated.
- Regularly use sunscreen, especially while using AHAs, to protect your skin.
- Refrain from using on irritated or broken skin.
- Make sure the solution stays out of your lips and eyes.
- Stop using the product and see a dermatologist if irritation develops.
- Regular sunscreen application (SPF 30 or higher) is crucial even on cloudy days due to increased skin sensitivity.
- AHAs might cause tingling or burning initially; consider reducing usage or applying moisturizer beforehand to mitigate discomfort.
- Individuals with conditions like rosacea or eczema should consult a doctor before using this solution.
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution offers effective exfoliation but requires attention to application frequency, sun protection, and potential skin reactions, especially for those with specific skin conditions.